Friday, July 6, 2012

Welcome to the world of DERELICT

DERELICT is a new project I'm working on in a new way.

Typically, when I am drafting a new novel, I don't share it with anyone. I don't talk about it, I don't want feedback. This is in service to keeping the creative and the editing sides of my brain separate.

But something feels different with this story.

I've been sharing some snippets of the work in progress (the WIP in the blog title) on Google+ and have been enjoying the comments and reader reactions.

So this in an experiment for me--share my first draft process with you, the reader, and allow for a conversation about the work.


How this will work:

I'm planning on posting an entire chapter approximately once per week on a regular schedule. If you'd like to follow along, you can do one of a number of things:
  • Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog on your reader. 
  • Subscribe to posts via email
  • Follow this blog
  • Come back and visit on a weekly basis
Comments Policy:

Part of why I'm sharing the work in progress is to develop a relationship with readers. At this point, I've allowed anonymous comments and do not have moderation set up. I reserve the right to change this at any time and to delete abusive comments.

If someone leaves a nasty-gram that is more in the way of an ad-hom attack than a comment on the work, please ignore it. AKA: Do Not Feed the Trolls.  I get an email notification of all comments and I'll be along to delete as needed.

Copyright Notice:

Work posted here is copyright 2012, Lisa Janice (LJ) Cohen. Please respect the work of this author and do not post the work elsewhere without express permission. Do feel free to link to the work.

Questions?

Feel free to post them here, or email me: lisa@ljcohen.net